How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
Selling your car to a Normal-area dealership is a fast and easy way to save on your next vehicle. You can take care of the entire process right here at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington: we’ll appraise your car, purchase it from you, and apply its value toward a new car in our inventory. So, how does selling your car to a dealership work when you get down to the details? Take a look at our guide to find out, and don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions for our auto finance experts!
What To Do Before Selling a Car at a Dealership
Before you stop by our dealership with your car, there are a few steps you can take to ensure a seamless trade-in process:
- Clean It Up: To get the best possible offer for your car, it pays to give it a thorough cleaning. While a professional detailing isn’t necessary, we do recommend cleaning the exterior, vacuuming the carpet and seats, and treating any stains. Just be sure that you’re using products that are safe for your car’s exterior paint and seat upholstery.
- Make Minor Repairs: Major repairs at this point aren’t worth your money, but replacing small parts like windshield wipers can help your car make a good first impression, possibly leading to a better offer from your dealership.
- Note the Selling Points: Make a list of your car’s most desirable qualities so that you can point these out to your dealership. Include items high-end features like leather seat trim and OEM add-ons like bike mounts, roof racks, and extra key fobs.
- Maintenance Records and Vehicle Title: If you have records of your vehicle’s maintenance history, bring them. Your vehicle will be valued more highly if you can prove that you followed its recommended maintenance schedule to the letter. You can also save time by having your vehicle’s title on hand when you arrive at the dealership.
- Conduct Your Research: Use multiple sources (such as Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book) to estimate your vehicle’s value before accepting an offer from your dealership. That way, you’ll know you’re getting a fair offer.
- Choose Your Dealership: If you’re selling a low-mileage vehicle from a recent model year, most dealerships will be happy to accept it and resell it as certified pre-owned. However, not all dealerships will accept older models. You may have better luck at a dealership that offers a wide variety of used models, like Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
So, what happens when you arrive at the dealership ready to trade-in and trade up? Here’s how selling your car to a dealership works for most Champaign drivers:
- Schedule an Appointment: Although dealerships will work with you if you drop in without an appointment, scheduling with them beforehand ensures a faster and easier process.
- Vehicle History Report: When you arrive at your scheduled time,your dealership will pair you with a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale and/or trade-in. At this point, you’ll provide the necessary info about your car while they run a full vehicle history report.
- Vehicle Inspection: A thorough inspection will be performed by either the Used Car Manager or a technician at the dealership’s service department.
- Weigh Your Offer: When the dealership makes you an offer, you can accept it or seek a better offer at another dealership.
We Want to Buy Your Car in Bloomington!
You know how to sell a car at a dealership, but why sell your car to Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington? Selling your car directly to a Decatur-area dealership allows you to avoid the trouble of listing your car online, sorting through potential buyers, and setting up test drives at your home. Plus, certified Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington dealerships like Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington offer lots of ways to pay less for your next car. Explore new vehicle specials and monthly dealership specials at Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, and contact us to schedule your appraisal today!
More from Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington
Has the time come for you to leave standard driving experiences in your rearview mirror? If you’re eager to jump-start your commute from Champaign to Decatur, making the switch to the 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a wise investment. This year, there are six different Jeep Grand Cherokee trim levels to choose from, so it…
Do you like to tow an ATV or a camper on the weekend like a lot of Bloomington drivers? That means you’re looking for an SUV that can handle towing that kind of load. How much can the Grand Cherokee tow? We’re happy to say that the Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow up to 7,200…
If you need a gritty work companion that can match your work ethic, the 2022 RAM 2500 is your ideal match. This beast offers the power you need to haul your boat out past Normal on the weekends and heavy-duty equipment through Champaign to the next job site. No matter what you need to accomplish,…