2019 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Enough for Work or Adventure
It’s no secret that the 2019 RAM 1500 is a serious work truck that makes every job in the Normal area easier. That includes towing power. But how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This truck has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, when properly equipped. Not only that, but this towing ability earned the All-New RAM 1500 a Best-in-Class V8 towing accolade.
What are the RAM 1500 Engine Options?
The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 is available with a variety of engine options with different performance specs, depending on your needs around Champaign. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission, and depending on the trim, the payload capacity between 2,100 and 2,300 pounds.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with or without eTorque: This engine delivers 305 and 269 lb-ft of torque with or without eTorque, and it has a towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with or without eTorque: This V8 engine, with or without eTorque, delivers 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. Without eTorque, it tows 11,610 pounds maximum, and with eTorque, the RAM 1500 towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
More RAM 1500 Towing Features
When it comes to towing, the RAM 1500 also offers features to help make the job easier and help you stay safer on job sites near Decatur, such as:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The eTorque mild hybrid system works in tandem with this transmission so the RAM 1500 can make an EPA-estimated 17 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Make sure you’re safe in your blindspots with this available system. It tracks when something enters a blindspot, and it automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: This RAM truck includes 14.9-inch brakes, which provide greater stopping power.
Learn More About the 2019 RAM 1500 at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington
To find out more about the interior features, safety features, and technology in the All-New RAM 1500, contact us with your questions. You can also make an appointment to visit us in Bloomington to test drive this RAM truck and experience its performance for yourself, or compare vehicles like Grand Cherokee vs. Ford Explorer.
More from Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington
The hotly-anticipated 2020 Jeep Cherokee is ready to take on any challenge near Normal! While you may already know that the new Jeep Cherokee is ready for adventure, you might be wondering about its utility. We’re happy to let you know that the Cherokee delivers the performance you’d expect from a Jeep vehicle with the…
The 2020 Jeep Cherokee is on the Bloomington market in a wide variety of configurations, each of which comes with their own perks. Find out more about the engines, prices, and Jeep Cherokee 4×4 options on all of the 2020 Jeep Cherokee trim levels with Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington! View Cherokee Models 2020 Jeep Cherokee…
Families from Normal to Champaign are always on the hunt for the ultimate minivan, and the 2020 Chrysler Pacifica just might be the end to that search for good! Not only does this van offer incredible performance and safety, but the Chrysler Pacifica interior blends utility and luxury seamlessly. You will also find plenty of…