2019 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity: Enough for Work or Adventure
It’s no secret that the 2019 RAM 1500 is a serious work truck that makes every job in the Normal area easier. That includes towing power. But how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This truck has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, when properly equipped. Not only that, but this towing ability earned the All-New RAM 1500 a Best-in-Class V8 towing accolade.
What are the RAM 1500 Engine Options?
The All-New 2019 RAM 1500 is available with a variety of engine options with different performance specs, depending on your needs around Champaign. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission, and depending on the trim, the payload capacity between 2,100 and 2,300 pounds.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with or without eTorque: This engine delivers 305 and 269 lb-ft of torque with or without eTorque, and it has a towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine with or without eTorque: This V8 engine, with or without eTorque, delivers 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque. Without eTorque, it tows 11,610 pounds maximum, and with eTorque, the RAM 1500 towing capacity is increased to 12,750 pounds.
More RAM 1500 Towing Features
When it comes to towing, the RAM 1500 also offers features to help make the job easier and help you stay safer on job sites near Decatur, such as:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The eTorque mild hybrid system works in tandem with this transmission so the RAM 1500 can make an EPA-estimated 17 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Make sure you’re safe in your blindspots with this available system. It tracks when something enters a blindspot, and it automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: This RAM truck includes 14.9-inch brakes, which provide greater stopping power.
Learn More About the 2019 RAM 1500 at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington
To find out more about the interior features, safety features, and technology in the All-New RAM 1500, contact us with your questions. You can also make an appointment to visit us in Bloomington to test drive this RAM truck and experience its performance for yourself, or compare vehicles like Grand Cherokee vs. Ford Explorer.
More from Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington
Changing your oil regularly is critical to maintaining your vehicle’s health. In the past, experts recommended oil changes every 3,000 miles, but advances in oil and engine technology have extended that interval. Today, most vehicles can go between 7,500 and 10,000 miles between oil changes. It’s a good idea to check your owner’s manual…
It’s finally back: The 2020 Jeep Gladiator is the first of this iconic model to be produced since the ‘80s, and customers from Normal to Lincoln are already asking about the new Jeep Gladiator specs. Curious about available Jeep Gladiator engine options? Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington is ready to share. Find out more about 2020 Jeep Gladiator mpg,…
Ready to take on your next challenge near Normal? The highly-anticipated 2020 Jeep Gladiator is finally here! The all-new Jeep Gladiator is Trail Rated® and ready for off-road adventures. You might know about Gladiator engine specs, but what kind of towing performance can you expect? One of the most frequent questions we get about this…