How Much Can a 2020 RAM 1500 Tow?
Wondering how much can a RAM 1500 tow? When equipped for maximum hauling performance, the light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 can tow up 12,750 pounds. This impressive capability earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity. Learn more about how the robust RAM 1500 towing capacity can help you take on tough jobs in Normal and adventures in Champaign with the RAM experts at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Each of the 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels can be outfitted to suit the needs of any truck enthusiast. With a number of engine options and configurations available, the RAM 1500 towing capacity is a Decatur contractor’s dream! Each engine is coupled with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Explore the engine specs in-depth:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine — produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque and is capable of towing 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine — produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a mighty maximum of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine — achieves the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to a maxed-out 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine —produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, is able to haul 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Depending on which trim catches your eye, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
While the RAM 1500 towing capacity is built upon the foundation of powerful engine options, there are a number of features involved in producing such heroic specs. You can easily trailer a camper or small boat safely thanks to these performance features:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: When paired with the eTorque mild hybrid system, the RAM 1500 can achieve up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: Thanks to 14.9-inch brakes, RAM 1500 drivers can feel safe knowing they can stop on a dime, even with the trailer hooked up.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This impressive feature watches your back and monitors your blind zones at all times. It also accounts for your trailer length when assessing your surroundings.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Easily access your cargo space with the available 60/40 split gate.
- RAMBOX® Cargo Management System: With the RAMBOX®, you can safely and secure all your tools and belonging as you trailer your gear.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Sam Leman Chrysler Jeep Dodge Bloomington in Bloomington!
Still have questions about, “How much can a RAM 1500 tow?” Not to worry! You can contact our team to find answers to all of your RAM questions! You can work directly with our finance department or even apply for financing online. Work with us to find the truck you deserve today! Looking for a slightly more agile ride? Closely compare the Jeep Cherokee vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee with our team today!
Learn More About the RAM 1500
Are you searching for a truck that’s equally capable of tackling tough jobs in Champaign and weekend off-road adventures near Normal? Your search ends with the 2020 RAM 1500! Trim levels range from the affordable yet powerful 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman, to the decked-out 2020 RAM 1500 Limited — see the details below. New RAM…
Nothing quite compares to the sleek and capable 2020 RAM 1500. Add to it a range of tailored performance, exterior, and interior tech upgrades and you have one of the most formidable trucks ever to hit Normal streets, no matter which trim level catches your eye. Learn more below about the available selection of new…
Wondering how much can a RAM 1500 tow? When equipped for maximum hauling performance, the light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 can tow up 12,750 pounds. This impressive capability earns it a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing capacity. Learn more about how the robust RAM 1500 towing capacity can help you take on tough jobs in Normal and…
Customizing your new RAM 1500 is one of the major perks of ownership once you’ve signed the papers and driven off the lot. Changing out anything from the tires to the hubcaps, performance, exhaust system, and the interior features is one of the main reasons you buy! If you use your vehicle for work around…
It’s no secret that the 2019 RAM 1500 is a serious work truck that makes every job in the Normal area easier. That includes towing power. But how much can a RAM 1500 tow? This truck has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, when properly equipped. Not only that, but this towing ability earned…